Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Here comes Monkey Girl...

After much nagging and most recently threats (thanks Fiona!), we are launched. For all those Baby Schevans and Henry W Bean fans, this will not be as witty and clever but we are giving it a whirl so here comes Monkey Girl.

Not a whole lot for our first posting (mainly because I haven't taken too many new pictures). For those that haven't heard, we had to put Cameron (our cat of 10 years) to sleep on Novevmber 5th. These pictures were taken in our yard that afternoon. He had lots of fun chasing leaves and going after his sisters sticks (Kyra loves to clean up the yard). As you can see, he had blown up on the sides and was battling cancer. He was a trooper and lived much longer than the doctors had expected. He was in pain and uncomfortable and we didn't want him to continue like that.






Here he is sitting with his Sister in the front yard. Kyra has been doing really well since then and talks about "Cammie" every night. Last night she told me that she missed him and loved him and that he was in heaven and loved her too.

The next posting will be more upbeat and keeping with the animal theme will involve turkeys...Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

AmyS said...

From another cat family, sorry to hear about Cameron.

But Yeah for the blog!! I can't believe Ball threatened! ;)

babyschevans said...

Hey it wasn't exactly a threat, I just said I wasn't going to look at anymore snapfish photos without some kind of commentary. Anyway it worked and now Silas can keep up with all his friends. Thanks Jamie, I think you've got a great first posting and I love the blog title!

Meg said...

I'm so sorry about your cat- it is always sad to watch a loved pet suffer......K. is adorable! I can't believe how big she is!!!!! We'll be home for
Xmas- we rented a house in Ghent...hope to see you all. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and please tell Todd hi for me!
Meg

Buckie said...

Good job Jaymo! My work is done for the night -dish pan hands in all, but turkey day should run smoothly
Gobble Gobble
Buckie