They handed out foam fingers which Kyra loved and swung around throughout the show. The show was great and Kyra loved it. They sang a few adult songs too, Particle Man and Istanbul which was nice. Toward the end, Kyra was really disappointed that they didn't sing "her song" but thankfully a little boy in the mosh pit had a sign with the name of the song on it so during the encore they decided to sing that song instead of what they had planned to sing. Click here to check out "her song".
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Who would of thought?
We took Kyra to her first concert this weekend.... They Might Be Giants. (Yes Mercy girls, they also sing childrens music and we have several of their CDs and DVDs.) The songs are just as wacky as the adult ones but some are very catchy and Kyra loves to dance to their music.
They handed out foam fingers which Kyra loved and swung around throughout the show. The show was great and Kyra loved it. They sang a few adult songs too, Particle Man and Istanbul which was nice. Toward the end, Kyra was really disappointed that they didn't sing "her song" but thankfully a little boy in the mosh pit had a sign with the name of the song on it so during the encore they decided to sing that song instead of what they had planned to sing. Click here to check out "her song".
Got a little nostalgic thinking back to all the days at Mercy. I can remember sitting with Ball (in George or whatever the name of the VW was, some of my memories are getting sketchy in my old age) listening to Bird House in Your Soul before SATs or some other type of exam. They sang that at the kids show. I don't think Kyra ever heard it before that but she bounced all around on my lap with her arms waving just as we would jump around to that song back in the day, a mere 16+ years ago. Boy we are old, but then I thought, if we are this old, how old are the Johns, they have gotta be in their mid 40s now if not older. They still look the same from the times I saw them in concert back in high school and college (can't remember where I saw them or who with, but I know I saw them).
They handed out foam fingers which Kyra loved and swung around throughout the show. The show was great and Kyra loved it. They sang a few adult songs too, Particle Man and Istanbul which was nice. Toward the end, Kyra was really disappointed that they didn't sing "her song" but thankfully a little boy in the mosh pit had a sign with the name of the song on it so during the encore they decided to sing that song instead of what they had planned to sing. Click here to check out "her song".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure I saw TMBG with you at least once at Toad's.
I love that Kyra loves them too - although yes, it does make me feel really old. Thanks for reminding that the Johns will always be older!
Love, Traska
As the proud owner of "Here Come the ABCs", Henry Bean and his mommy would like to share Kyra's enthusiasm for TMBG.
Now we really need to get Here Come the 123s.
Post a Comment