Sunday, December 14, 2008

Icy weather

Day 3 with no power, thank god we have a generator!!!!! We had an ice storm on Thursday and lost power. Thankfully Kyra and I were in CT at Great Grandma's Christmas party (I forgot the camera in the rush to get out the door before the storm, so no pictures of that). Kyra stayed in CT and I headed back home on Friday morning to check things out and get things done around the house since we were kidless. Weather-Boy (I mean Todd) is loving this and was right out there taking pictures and moving debris out of the road with his tractor. Thankfully by the time I made it back home, our road and the main road to our house had been opened up although several roads are still closed now. Here are some of his shots of our yard and the damage to our trees.
This is our driveway...So its not a Kyra-less blog, here are a few pictures from last weekend. We had a dusting of snow and Kyra thought it was the greastest thing ever. She wanted to go out and make snow angels. Maybe she has inherited her dad's love of snow and cold!Then she helped us get the snowmobiles on the trailer but she didn't like the loud noise.

1 comment:

Meg said...

ugh. Yuck. remind me why I want to move back?????!
Meg