Saturday, June 14, 2008

A day at the zoo

Kyra, Grammie and I went to the Bronx Zoo. This was Grammie's first time and our second. It was so less crowded going on a weekday compared to last year when we went on a weekend. Kyra's favorites were the bug carosel, the polar bear, giraffes and gorillas.
Kyra who up until this point was not afraid of anything and totally fearless found that she was frightened by the butterflies at the Butterfly Garden fluttering to close to her. She loves bugs of all sorts but I guess not those that fly right at her.
Kyra wonders what it would be like to be a midge fly.
Kyra loved watching the polar bear play with his ball and swim in the water.

One of the few pictures I got with Kyra at the zoo. As soon as I would try to get a picture, she would cover her face. She is getting quite the personality.

1 comment:

Meg said...

how much fun! we can't wait to take the kids to the bronx zoo- haven't made it there yet.....I love the pic with the two of you! hope Todd had a nice father's day....
Meg