Monday, March 17, 2008

Postcards from Tortola, BVI

Todd and I spent the last week in Tortola, British Virgin Islands. (Kyra spent the week in CT with Grammie and Poppie.)

Tortola is very hilly with roads. The roads are extremely steep and have terribly sharp turns. We had to drive about 50 minutes to get to our hotel from the airport and I thought for sure I would be sick.
The waves here were quite large compared to other islands we have been to. I think this is our first trip where we really didn't do much all day but relax, drink, eat and switch from pool to beach. Things have changed since we had Kyra. Our typical vacation prior to Kyra was packed with activities.

Can you feel the nice warm sun?
Here is a picture of a termite nest. Its toward left of the tree on the top and looks like a bee hive. The termites eat the wood and use the digested wood to built a nest with tunnels all around the branches of the tree. There are tons of tunnels on this tree but you can't really see them in the picture.


Next to come, pictures of some other islands during our snorkeling trip.

1 comment:

Meg said...

ooooh looks like fun. good for you guys- can't wait to see more!
Meg